Job Opening – RRS
Job Title –Associate Engineer
Status – Full Time
Posting Date – September 5, 2019
Closing Date – September 20, 2019 or until position is filled
RRS is seeking applications for a full-time Associate Engineer. The primary goal for this position is to support the RRS engineering team in executing field tests, designing recycling systems and facilities, overseeing recycling system and facility related projects, solving recovery problems and performing related research and analysis. The Associate Engineer will work with the team to develop and follow project protocol and research design, ensuring the integrity of field tests and the veracity of analyses and reports. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills. The position requires occasional travel.
RRS offers engaged mentorship in field training and professional development that can lead to significant growth opportunities.
- Support onsite testing and research;
- Provide analysis, operations review, literature research and reports;
- Prepare detailed spreadsheet analyses, budgets, and models that provide solutions to diverse resource recovery problems;
- Prepare basic engineering design and analyses as directed by RRS project managers within the context of their planning and recovery projects;
- Support the engineering team and other RRS project managers through research, data analysis, and field work on a variety of client projects, including material recovery planning and implementation assistance projects;
- Assist periodically in developing memos and reports;
- Assist in developing technical communication documents and data presentations providing insightful descriptions of data and analysis;
- Develop project management skills including budget management, team time management, process flow, and project execution; and
- Perform primary and secondary research on a variety of technical and business topics, with a focus on waste and recycling emerging technologies.
- Organized, self-motivated, ability to set work priorities and complete work with minimal supervision;
- Interest in working across a wide variety of topics and demonstrated ability to learn new material;
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills;
- Strong written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills, including technical writing;
- Technically proficient in computer software including, but not limited to: Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat. Strong Excel skills a necessity;
- Ability to multi‐task, prioritize and be flexible with changing business needs in a team environment;
- Attention to detail is essential;
- High quality research skills required (Google search operators, Import IO, understanding of statistics, or other);
- Proven experience with data analysis and large dataset management;
- Experience in ArcGIS and AutoCad preferred, but not necessary; and
- A strong desire to learn and advance in the recovery field
- Four-year degree in mechanical or industrial engineering, project management, or related field or equivalent preferred; and
- Two years working experience in an environment-related field is preferred.
Location: Ann Arbor, MI is preferred
Pay Range: $55,000 – $67,000 depending on experience and qualifications. RRS is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and list of references. Cover letters should address the candidate’s professional goals and interests, ability to meet key and minimal qualifications (as described above) as well as their experience and interest in this position. Please submit all materials via email to Elizabeth Hughes Bowden at RRS.
Attn: Elizabeth Hughes Bowden
Team Resource Director