Job Opening – RRS
Job Title – Deliverables/Proposal Manager
Location – Ann Arbor, MI
Posting Date – January 16, 2018
Closing Date – February 2, 2018 or until position is filled
RRS is a consultancy with a vision. We see a world where resources are managed to maximize economic and social benefit while minimizing environmental impact. A world where abundance keeps pace with societal needs.
For over three decades, RRS has been a leader in solid waste management systems and is comprised of experts in various fields including waste recovery, organics, economics, packaging, engineering, communications, and technical analysis. Our breadth of experience in the waste recovery and organics sector includes assessments, planning, facility auditing, system design and optimization, high-diversion program implementation, policy, communications/outreach and financial and data analysis modeling.
With over 660 years of combined experience, 40+ employees throughout the world and more than 1,000 projects under our belt, we get sustainability, organics and recovery. We want top performers that can strengthen relationships, build and grow the business, all while having a positive environmental impact.
RRS is seeking applications for a full-time Deliverables/Proposal Manager to assist the Vice President Operations, senior leadership, and Project Managers in preparing client project deliverables and facilitating the proposal development process with leads and potential clients.
Organize and facilitate proposal process within both public sector work solicitations and private sector
- Assist Vice President Operations with forecasting proposal development queue and proposal pipeline;
- Collaborate and work in partnership with company senior leadership and Project Managers to organize and develop well-designed proposals for targeted clientele (i.e. ensure proposal meets solicitation requirements, assist with proposal development, ensure use of templates, etc.);
- Transfer information generated from an individual/team strategy session and/or incoming company lead into proposal development to sell a set of services to a targeted client;
- Assist with developing timeline and budget formats within the proposal development process;
- Acquire and complete requisite forms;
- Provide formatting, content editing, proofreading, and quality control of proposals;
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of proposal documents; and
- Assist in the information entry and tracking in company online sales system.
Organize and facilitate client deliverable process with Project Manager, Vice President Operations and company infrastructure team;
- Work with and assist Project Managers in mapping out the project deliverable (i.e. what does the client actually need to have at the end of the project) as well as deliverable timelines and deadlines;
- Assist Project Managers and project team members in generating content for project memos, reports and PowerPoints;
- Ensure company templates are used in the client deliverable process;
- Work with company Marketing Manager and Graphic Designer in coordinating project deliverable timeline and deadline;
- Provide formatting, content editing, proofreading, and quality control for project memos, reports and PowerPoints;
- Assist in final client project deliverables being saved in company online project management system; and
- Work with Marketing Manager and Vice President Operations to review client project files/final products to generate templates, project qualifications and project portfolio pieces.
- Organized, self-motivated and driven, ability to set work priorities and complete work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to write, proofread/edit, format and identify/flag inconsistent themes/content within written documents (memos, reports, proposals, PowerPoints) efficiently and effectively within tight time constraints;
- Ability to write original content and adapt it into boilerplate requirements as defined by public and private sector work solicitations;
- Capacity to take analytical/technical information and communicate it in a way that is dynamic, digestible and forward-thinking for our clientele;
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and documentation skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills – ability to communicate with a variety of personality styles;
- Ability to easily manage and coordinate multiple projects and meet deadlines;
- Strong “work backwards” approach from envisioning client deliverable/proposal to steps to complete work product to identifying work product needs and approach;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; and
- Knowledge and experience in the natural resources, sustainable systems, environmental sciences, environmental policy, recycling, solid waste, or related field a huge plus.
- Four-year degree in english, communications, natural resources, environmental sciences, environmental policy, communications, business administration or related field.
- Three to five years of relevant experience preparing, writing and formatting written content – proposals, reports and/or written deliverables.
Pay Range: $60,000-$70,000/year depending on experience and qualifications. RRS is an equal opportunity employer.
Start Date: Position to be filled in early 2018.
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and list of references. Cover letters should address the candidate’s professional goals and interests, ability to meet key and minimal qualifications (as described above) as well as their experience and interest in this position. Please submit all materials to Elizabeth Hughes at RRS.
Attn: Elizabeth Hughes, Team Resource Manager
416 Longshore Drive
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105