Job Opening – RRS
Job Title – Graphic Designer (contracted/retainer)
Posting Date – 05/03/18
Closing Date – Open until Filled
RRS isn’t your average consulting firm.
Sure we have databases and hi-tech gadgets and fancy degrees, but we also get our hands dirty. Our people don Tyvek suits instead of power suits, and sort through waste to provide a realistic assessment of a waste stream. We lace up our work boots instead of slipping on a pair of high heels, and research the flow of a particular type of packaging through a material recovery facility (MRF). We’re not afraid to ask the tough questions, especially if it leads to the right solution for sustainability.
That’s not to say we don’t clean up well. We can go from the sorting room to the board room to provide actionable solutions that are based on science and real-world application. We’re even one of Michigan’s 50 Companies to Watch. We build infrastructure, expand recovery, enhance product design, improve business practices and solve issues across the supply chain. All in a day’s work.
We have an in-house communications team that delivers compelling messages to reach the ops manager, the CEO, the mayor, or the public at large. Industry knowledge and the means to communicate it – that’s a powerful combination.
With over 500 years of combined experience and more than 900 projects under our belt, we’ve been around the block, a few times. Our experts include cutting-edge industry professionals, engineers, economists, technical analysts, and communication specialists who possess core strengths in materials and recovery, life cycle management and applied sustainable design. We are called upon by industry publications, organizations and conferences to lead the conversation and drive change.
We get sustainability, organics and recovery, but we also get people. We want top performers that can strengthen relationships, build and grow the business, all while having a positive environmental impact. Sometimes that takes flexibility. RRS understands that normal office hours may not be M-F, 9-5. We also understand that geography is not a limitation to greatness – a virtual office can be as agile, efficient and productive as a brick and mortar office. Flexibility with an expectation of strong, smart work yields the best results for all involved.
Did we mention RRS isn’t your average consulting firm?
RRS is seeking applications for a contracted Graphic Designer to provide on -target visuals and messaging for internal and client project-based endeavors, strengthening outputs and outcomes through effective design. The is a retainer contract to provide design services on an as needed basis with a guaranteed retainer of 20 hours per month. Any design needs above the hourly retainer amount will be paid on an hourly basis.
- With direction from the lead Graphic Designer and Marketing Manager, conceptualize and develop designs and visual approaches consistent with company/client branding and project styles.
- Distill and capture concepts into infographic illustrations.
- Design and produce visual marketing materials including PowerPoint presentations, print and web ads, flyers, brochures and web media.
- Collaborate productively with technical and marketing content teams.
- Clearly communicate with team to ensure projects are on schedule and deadlines are met.
- Translate and convey complex messages and value propositions through innovative graphic design, illustration and infographics.
- Expertly create graphics and translate content into visual messaging using Adobe Creative Suite‐
- Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Microsoft Office‐ PowerPoint, and Word.
- Creatively implement consistent brand messaging across a wide variety of collateral and media
- including but not limited to:
- PowerPoint templates and presentations;
- Website banner ads, graphics and infographics;
- Social media graphics;
- Report graphics, charts, tables;
- Exhibit materials: banners, displays, ad specialty items; and
- Printed ads, brochures, flyers, forms and other marketing collateral.
- Provide good eye for color, layout, typography, and details.
- Work collaboratively in a dynamic, fast‐paced environment with multiple priorities/deadlines.
- Employ effective time management and meet deadlines.
- Possess and inspire passion about design and communication.
- Four‐year degree in graphic design, advertising, public relations, marketing, communications/mass communications or related field.
- At least 3-5 years professional experience working in graphic design is required.
- Advanced experience in presentation/slide deck design a must (examples will be requested during interview phase).
- Experience in recycling, sustainability or related environmental field is a plus.
Pay Range: Position is a 1099 contracted employee and will be placed on a monthly retainer for 20 hours a month where RRS projects would take a priority over other freelance projects. Retainer amount will be based on experience and education. RRS is an equal opportunity employer.
Contracted Designer is responsible for providing all needed equipment and software (i.e. computer/laptop, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.).
To Apply: To Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and link to a portfolio. Cover letters should address the candidate’s personal goals and interests, ability to meet key and minimal qualifications (as described above), experience and interest in this position, and desired retainer compensation value. Creativity is encouraged. Please submit all materials to Elizabeth Hughes at RRS by May 18, 2018.
Attn: Elizabeth Hughes, Team Resource Manager
416 Longshore Drive
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105