Job Opening – RRS
Job Title – Office Administrator
Location – Ann Arbor, MI
Posting Date – December 31, 2019
Closing Date – January 13, 2020
RRS isn’t your average consulting firm.
Sure we have databases and hi-tech gadgets and fancy degrees, but we also get our hands dirty. Our people don Tyvek suits instead of power suits, and sort through waste to provide a realistic assessment of a waste stream. We lace up our work boots instead of slipping on a pair of high heels, and research the flow of a particular type of packaging through a material recovery facility (MRF). We’re not afraid to ask the tough questions, especially if it leads to the right solution for sustainability.
That’s not to say we don’t clean up well. We can go from the sorting room to the board room to provide actionable solutions that are based on science and real-world application. We’re even one of Michigan’s 50 Companies to Watch. We build infrastructure, expand recovery, enhance product design, improve business practices and solve issues across the supply chain. All in a day’s work.
We have an in-house communications team that delivers compelling messages to reach the ops manager, the CEO, the mayor, or the public at large. Industry knowledge and the means to communicate it – that’s a powerful combination.
With over 500 years of combined experience and more than 900 projects under our belt, we’ve been around the block, a few times. Our experts include cutting-edge industry professionals, engineers, economists, technical analysts, and communication specialists who possess core strengths in materials and recovery, life cycle management and applied sustainable design. We are called upon by industry publications, organizations and conferences to lead the conversation and drive change.
We get sustainability, organics and recovery, but we also get people. We want top performers that can strengthen relationships, build and grow the business, all while having a positive environmental impact. Sometimes that takes flexibility. RRS understands that normal office hours may not be M-F, 9-5. We also understand that geography is not a limitation to greatness – a virtual office can be as agile, efficient and productive as a brick and mortar office. Flexibility with an expectation of strong, smart work yields the best results for all involved. Did we mention RRS isn’t your average consulting firm?
At RRS, our success depends on our people and the value we provide to our clients. An office administrator is the supportive force driving each of these areas, and we’re currently seeking someone stellar to take the reins. The ideal professional for this role is a flexible problem solver with superb communication skills and a detail-oriented mindset. They should have prior experience thriving in an administrative capacity in an office environment. Multitasking and the unique ability to deftly handle the unexpected are essential qualities to bring to the position.
- Manage VOIP system and company cell phone plan for distributed workforce, including:
- Answer main phone; answer questions and transfer as necessary
- Manage staff directory and creation of new extensions
- Manage company Verizon account and assist with new orders, phone set up, troubleshooting, etc.
- Manage vendor relationship
- Provide office reception to guests
- Manage mail and shipping needs, including:
- Sorting incoming mail and distributing items as needed to remote offices
- Coordinating packing and shipment of conference material in conjunction with event planner
- Coordinating packing and shipment of field work material in conjunction with project managers
- Manage outgoing mail and packages including purchase of relevant supplies
- Manage vendor relationship with UPS, Fed Ex, Worldwide Express, USPS
- Manage office equipment such as copy machine, printers, and fax machine including:
- Maintenance and repairs
- Training of staff on safety and use of machines
- Making copies, sending faxes, printing documents
- Manage vendor relationships
- Assist Vice President of Operations with preparation of weekly company productivity and new project reports for senior manager meetings
- Assist Vice President of Operations with preparation of monthly company productivity and financial data for Executive Committee and quarterly presentation to Board of Directors
- Coordinate Board of Directors quarterly meeting logistics including supplies, travel, lunch, and other requests as needed
- Coordinate end of month timesheet and expense submittal, including:
- Entering vendor and contractor hours into timesheet system
- Reviewing vendor and contractor invoices against hours entered into system and assisting with corrections
- Review reports and identify missing hours/expenses and assist employee with updates/corrections
- Provide timely updates to Vice President of Operations
- Assist Vice President of Operations as needed including moving hours/expenses between projects, marking hours as not to invoice, etc.
- Assist Vice President of Operations with monthly client invoice reports
- Manage office supplies and employee related expenses, including:
- Purchase of corporate office snacks, beverages, coffee
- Tracking supply and employee related expense budgets
- Requests from remote employees for supplies and equipment
- Tracking remote employee snack and equipment allowance budgets
- Birthday treats
- Corporate office supplies
- Researching best options for vendors and maintain relationship
- Provide timely response to distributed employee requests
- Manage office garbage, recycling and composting
- Manage company vendor relationships, including
- Cleaning company
- Building manager
- Lawn care/snow removal company
- Assist Proposal Manager with proposal responses and documents including:
- Filling out necessary proposal submittal forms
- Requesting certificates of insurance
- Proof reading/editing
- Copies and shipment
- Maintenance of Request for Proposal (RFP) lists
- Assist with all other tasks as requested, including but not limited to:
- Scheduling meetings
- Ordering and organization of periodicals
- Organization of field work storage warehouse
- Entering contacts into client relationship management (CRM) system
- Data entry
- Provide back up support for travel logistics and event planning
- Organized, self-motivated, and driven.
- Ability to set work priorities and complete work with minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and documentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – ability to communicate with a variety of personality styles.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to work and coordinate with distributed staff in different time zones.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite including:
- Ability to work within a client relationship management (CRM) system. Knowledge of Salesforce a plus, willingness to learn and use Saleforce is essential.
- Experience working within a distributed workforce and/or consulting company a plus
- Two-year degree in administration assistant or Secretarial Studies, English, Communications, Marketing or Business.
- Three to five years of relevant office administrator experience
Pay Range: $45,000-$55,000/year depending on experience and qualifications. RRS is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and list of references. Cover letters should address the candidate’s professional goals and interests, ability to meet key and minimal qualifications (as described above) as well as their experience and interest in this position. Please submit all materials to Elizabeth Hughes Bowden at RRS.
Attn: Elizabeth Hughes Bowden, Team Resource Director
416 Longshore Drive
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105