Job Opening – RRS
Job Title – Proposal Coordinator
Posting Date – January 19, 2021
Closing Date – Open Until Filled
RRS isn’t your average consulting firm.
Sure we have databases and hi-tech gadgets and fancy degrees, but we also get our hands dirty. Our people don Tyvek suits instead of power suits and sort through waste to provide a realistic assessment of a waste stream. We lace up our work boots instead of slipping on a pair of high heels and research the flow of a particular type of packaging through a material recovery facility (MRF). We’re not afraid to ask the tough questions, especially if it leads to the right solution for sustainability.
That’s not to say we don’t clean up well. We can go from the sorting room to the board room to provide actionable solutions that are based on science and real-world application. We’re even one of Michigan’s 50 Companies to Watch. We build infrastructure, expand recovery, enhance product design, improve business practices and solve issues across the supply chain. All in a day’s work.
We have an in-house communications team that delivers compelling messages to reach the ops manager, the CEO, the mayor, or the public at large. Industry knowledge and the means to communicate it – that’s a powerful combination.
With over 500 years of combined experience and more than 900 projects under our belt, we’ve been around the block, a few times. Our experts include cutting-edge industry professionals, engineers, economists, technical analysts, and communication specialists who possess core strengths in materials and recovery, life cycle management, and applied sustainable design. We are called upon by industry publications, organizations, and conferences to lead the conversation and drive change.
We get sustainability, organics, and recovery, but we also get people. We want top performers that can strengthen relationships, build and grow the business, all while having a positive environmental impact. Sometimes that takes flexibility. RRS understands that normal office hours may not be M-F, 9-5. We also understand that geography is not a limitation to greatness – a virtual office can be as agile, efficient, and productive as a brick and mortar office. Flexibility with an expectation of strong, smart work yields the best results for all involved. Did we mention RRS isn’t your average consulting firm?
RRS will hire a proposal coordinator to assist the vice president of operations, senior leadership, and project managers in facilitating the proposal development process with leads and potential clients.
RRS is headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI with a satellite office in Boulder, CO. However, our workforce is largely distributed throughout the United States. This position is remote and is not limited to any location in the U.S.
- Organize and facilitate proposal process for public, private, non-profit, and collaborative opportunities.
- Assist with forecasting proposal development queue and proposal pipeline;
- Search and track solicitations/amendments via listserv participation, online database services, government procurement sites, etc.;
- Attend weekly team meetings to stay current and communicate on proposal activities and needs;
- Meet with project managers and consultants to understand specific project scope, team, and budget;
- Develop and update task and submittal checklists/timelines;
- Acquire and complete requisite forms;
- Gather components and build effective and impactful proposals utilizing established templates;
- Provide formatting, content editing, proofreading, and quality control of proposal;
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of proposal documents;
- Support development of proposals presentations (PowerPoint); and
- Assist in the information entry and tracking of proposals/opportunities in the CRM system (Salesforce).
- Provide content editing and proofreading for company-created documents (e.g., reports, white papers, articles, marketing collateral, etc.).
- Organized, self-motivated, ability to set work priorities and complete work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to write, proofread/edit, format and identify/flag inconsistent themes/content within written documents (memos, reports, proposals, PowerPoints) efficiently and effectively within tight time constraints;
- Ability to work with subject matter experts including understanding and interpreting technical writing;
- Ability to perform work virtually and must have access to stable wi-fi/internet;
- Ability to support operations across time zones including some evenings and weekends;
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and documentation skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to communicate with a variety of personality types;
- Ability to work within an executive writing approach;
- Deadline driven
- Ability to easily manage and coordinate multiple projects and meet deadlines;
- Ability to set deadlines and hold senior leadership and consultants accountable to meeting deadlines to ensure efficient and effective completion of proposals;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, and Zoom; experience with Salesforce and Sharepoint a plus; and
- Knowledge and experience in natural resources, sustainable systems, environmental sciences, environmental policy, recycling, solid waste, or related field a huge plus.
- Four-year degree in English, communications, natural resources, environmental sciences, environmental policy, communications, business administration, or related field.
- Three to five years of relevant experience in proposal coordination or administration.
Pay Range: $50,000-$55,000/year depending on experience and qualifications. RRS is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and list of references. Cover letters should address the candidate’s professional goals and interests, ability to meet key and minimal qualifications (as described above) as well as their experience and interest in this position. Please submit all materials to Elizabeth Hughes Bowden at RRS (email submissions preferred).
Attn: Elizabeth Hughes Bowden, Team Resource Director
416 Longshore Drive, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105