Job Opening – RRS
Job Title – Senior MRF Consulting Engineer
Status – Full Time
Posting Date – December 18, 2018
Closing Date – January 11, 2019
RRS is seeking applications for a full-time Senior MRF Consulting Engineer to provide leadership to a wide range of projects related to recycling, recovery, and waste management system development. The role primarily requires technical execution with a secondary focus on sales and will interface with spectrum of customers, ranging from regulatory and non-profit agencies, the largest corporations in the world, national, state and local governments, product/design companies, to the waste/resource recovery value chain and its related industries. The ideal candidate will have strong technical and engineering capability, written and verbal communication, and analytical skills as well a grounded experience with sales activity in their previous work history. The position requires frequent travel.
- Provide expertise to internal and external clients related to the design and operation of recovery systems with a special emphasis on recycling facilities;
- Recommend/Review action plans for facility upgrades and/or design;
- Analyze and forecast recovery system facility capital, operating and maintenance costs;
- Independently write engineering reports and opinions for clients regarding recovery facilities, proformas, viability of approaches, layouts, technologies, field tests, etc. that are standard to engineering best practices;
- Lead efforts to develop equipment and facility design, technical specifications and procurement documents; and
- Design and implement recovery system field tests to meet client specific protocols and aid in the development of recycling systems.
- Solid Waste, Recovery, and Recycling engineering experience is essential;
- Organic processing and WTE engineering experience a plus;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of equipment deployed in recycling and waste processing and equipment innovations that are being developed;
- Proven experience in working with operators and customers in the field;
- Good industry knowledge and contacts;
- Hands on background – likes to work on field projects, experience in industrial settings, procurement and construction planning, and possessing some mechanical abilities;
- Experience with capital project development; and
- Proven ability to work with and manage team of analysts, cosultants, and subject matter experts.
- Strong Math and Excel skills, modeling, and spreadsheet competency;
- Strong design, analytical and creative problem-solving skills;
- Experience in creating and reviewing CAD drawings;
- Excellent written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills, including periodic public speaking, teamwork, and project management;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be flexible with changing business needs in a team environment; and
- Excellent time management skills
- Supervisory and team leadership experience
Related Knowledge and Consulting in the following areas are a plus:
- MRF Design;
- Municipal Solid Waste system design;
- Regulatory and permit acquisition;
- End markets for recycling commodities, i.e. mills, plastics, biofuels, compost, etc.;
- Time/motion analytics
- Published research
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil, mechanical or industrial engineering or related field required. Master’s Degree in civil, mechanical or industrial engineering or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in engineering filed required;
- 5 years’ minimum experience in solid waste industry preferred, more a plus
- E./other Professional Engineering certifications a plus but not required
Pay Range: $70,000-$100,000 depending on experience and qualifications. RRS is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and list of references. Cover letters should address the candidate’s professional goals and interests, ability to meet key and minimal qualifications (as described above) as well as their experience and interest in this position. Please submit all materials via email to Elizabeth Hughes at RRS.
Attn: Elizabeth Hughes
Team Resource Director