Job Opening – RRS
Job Title – Communications Assistant
Timeframe – Temporary
Posting Date – 08/08/16
Closing Date – Open until Filled
RRS isn’t your average consulting firm.
Sure we have databases and hi-tech gadgets and fancy degrees, but we also get our hands dirty. Our people don Tyvek suits instead of power suits, and sort through waste to provide a realistic assessment of a waste stream. We lace up our work boots instead of slipping on a pair of high heels, and research the flow of a particular type of packaging through a material recovery facility (MRF). We’re not afraid to ask the tough questions, especially if it leads to the right solution for sustainability.
That’s not to say we don’t clean up well. We can go from the sorting room to the board room to provide actionable solutions that are based on science and real-world application. We’re even one of Michigan’s 50 Companies to Watch. We build infrastructure, expand recovery, enhance product design, improve business practices and solve issues across the supply chain. All in a day’s work.
We have an in-house communications team that delivers compelling messages to reach the ops manager, the CEO, the mayor, or the public at large. Industry knowledge and the means to communicate it – that’s a powerful combination.
With over 500 years of combined experience and more than 900 projects under our belt, we’ve been around the block, a few times. Our experts include cutting-edge industry professionals, engineers, economists, technical analysts, and communication specialists who possess core strengths in materials and recovery, life cycle management and applied sustainable design. We are called upon by industry publications, organizations and conferences to lead the conversation and drive change.
We get sustainability, organics and recovery, but we also get people. We want top performers that can strengthen relationships, build and grow the business, all while having a positive environmental impact. Sometimes that takes flexibility. RRS understands that normal office hours may not be M-F, 9-5. We also understand that geography is not a limitation to greatness – a virtual office can be as agile, efficient and productive as a brick and mortar office. Flexibility with an expectation of strong, smart work yields the best results for all involved.
Did we mention RRS isn’t your average consulting firm?
- Perform research for content development for social media posts, blogs, articles, and presentations;
- Perform research – including market, organization and contact levels – for business development activities
- Draft case studies, project summaries, and other content/materials;
- Gather website and social media analytics;
- Potential to support lead Graphic Designer with collateral/presentation design;
- Potential to perform project-related research;
- Assist with conference and event preparation; and
- Assist with general office tasks and administrative duties including copying, scanning, filing, etc.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be flexible with changing business needs in a team environment;
- Technically proficient in computer software including, but not limited to: Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat. Strong Excel and Adobe Suite skills a plus;
- Strong writing composition and grammar skills;
- Graphic design skills a plus;
- Excellent written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills;
- Strong research, analytical and creative problem solving skills;
- Excellent time management skills; and
- Attention to detail is essential.
- A two-year degree or two years completed in a four-year program in marketing, communications, business, public relations, or related field.
- Graphic design courses/experience a plus.
Pay Range: $15 per hour. Part time temporary position; 20 to 30 hours per week. RRS is an equal opportunity employer.
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, résumé, brief writing sample and list of references. Cover letters should address the candidate’s professional goals and interests, ability to meet key and minimal qualifications (as described above) as well as their experience and interest in this position. Please submit all materials to Elizabeth Hughes at RRS.
Attn: Elizabeth Hughes, Office Manager
416 Longshore Drive
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105
or email to: