Catherine Goodall is a Senior Consultant for RRS with over 18 years of packaging sustainability and recovery experience. She has consulted for trade associations, brand owners, packaging converters and packaging supply chains to develop and implement sustainability metrics, policies, and platforms to drive improvements in the environmental performance and recoverability of their products. Catherine also has in depth knowledge of extended producer responsibility laws in Europe and other regions, having tracked policy developments and assisted companies with EPR compliance.
Recent Team Projects
- Foodservice Packaging Institute: RRS conducts research and analysis, supports membership growth, and develops communications and outreach to advance the recovery of foodservice packaging materials.
- St. Louis Composting: RRS prepared a grant application for funding to purchase a depackager, enabling the client to expand the materials accepted at its compost site.
- National CPG Manufacturer: RRS conducted a TruCycle recyclability assessment including a MRF material flow study on the client’s product packaging.
- Sustainable Packaging Coalition Industry Leadership Committee on Foodservice Packaging
- Sustainable Packaging & Recovery
- Collaborations/Partnerships in Recovery
- Extended Producer Responsibility
- Trade Associations
Recent Speaking Engagements/Publications
- Plastic Recycling Update (May 2016): Critical Mass – Polystyrene Foam Recycling, co-author Marissa Segundo
- WasteExpo (June 2015): Optimizing Food Scrap Diversion and Organics Collection, Opportunities for Waste Haulers (moderator)
- WasteExpo (June 2015): Compostable Bags & Residential Food Waste Recovery
- Babson Energy & Environmental Conference (Mar 2012): Food Packaging – Cost vs. the Environment Panel
- Sustainability in Packaging Conference (Mar 2012): The Future 500 Approach to EPR
- Master of Business Administration, Babson College
- Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Studies and German Studies, Brown University
- Courses in Environmental Management, Statistics, German Literature, History, and Computer Programming, Technical University Berlin