Jamie Zawila is a consultant with RRS. She utilizes over 18 years of experience working with Ohio solid waste management districts and the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency (OEPA) as she develops and updates solid waste and recycling plans specifically by understanding each county’s or district’s goals, addressing policy issues, providing data analysis, and developing a plan compliant with state regulations.
Recent Team Projects
- Carton Council: RRS has supported this collaborative association in achieving their goal of 60% U.S. carton recycling access through data research and analysis, communications and outreach, and policy/legislative monitoring and support.
- Butler County Solid Waste and Recycling District, OH: RRS evaluated current methods of managing waste, projected volumes over a 15-year planning period, and assessed recycling programs and infrastructure to update the county’s solid waste management plan.
- Warren County Solid Waste Management District, OH: RRS assisted the district in developing a 15-year solid waste management plan.
- Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA)
- Ohio Association of Litter Prevention & Recycling Professionals (OALPRP)
- Association of Ohio Recyclers (AOR)
- Keep Reynoldsburg Beautiful
- National Association of Professional Women
- Municipal Solid Waste/Recycling Planning
- Ohio Recycling Regulations
- Recycling Policy
- Data Analysis
Recent Speaking Engagements/Publications
- SWANA Wastecon/ISRI MRF Summit (Aug 2018): Hungering to Understand Food Waste Players and Policies
- Association of Ohio Recyclers Annual Conference (Oct 2013): We Envision a Waste Free Future Where Wastes Become Resources
- Ohio Association of Litter Prevention and Recycling Professionals Summer Training Conference (Jun 2013): Food Waste & Packaging – The Tricky Balancing Act
- Bachelor of Science, Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Cincinnati