JD Lindeberg is a Principal and President of RRS with over 30 years of experience in various aspects of sustainability and material recovery activities including organics recovery, biomass energy and most recently the ReFED Food Waste Roadmap. JD’s training and experience as a professional engineer give an added dimension to his business background and provide insight into the development of actionable projects.
Recent Team Projects
- Rethink Food Waste Through Economics and Data (ReFED) Food Waste Roadmap: RRS and Deloitte Consulting LLC conducted research to understand food waste generation and disposal activities at each stage of the value chain and analyzed the economic potential of downstream solution sets.
- Resource Recovery and Recycling Authority of Southwest Oakland County (RRRASOC): After the RRRASOC material recovery facility (MRF) experienced extensive fire damage, RRS served as the owner’s engineer and coordinated the building and equipment redesign.
- Harvest Power Organics Feedstock Assessment: Developed quantity and system cost implications for source-separated organics processing on behalf o f a service provider preparing a collection bid response.
- Eureka Recycling Composting Processing Options: Developed capital and operating models for a wide range of composting processing options including backyard composting, windrow, aerated static pile (ASP), covered ASP, and wet and dry anaerobic digestion.
- St. Louis Composting Grant Writing: Coordinated the preparation of a grant application to the Environmental Improvement and Energy Resources Authority to fund the purchase of a depackager.
- Clean Energy Coalition, Board Member
- Olabrisa Eco-Development, Developer
- Cohousing Development Company, Managing Partner
- Corporate Sustainability Systems
- Material Recovery and Processing Systems
- Biomass Energy and Anaerobic Digestion
- Organics Recovery and Composting
- Business Planning and Plan Development
- Project Due Diligence and Risk Management
- Capital Project Planning
- Project Financing
Recent Speaking Engagements/Publications
- WasteExpo Conference (Jun 2016): Single Stream, Mixed Waste, Emerging Technologies and Composting
- WasteExpo Conference (Jun 2016): Food Scrap Collection and Processing (co-author Nicole Chardoul)
- The Cornerstone Journal of Sustainable Finance and Banking (May 2016): ReFED: Impact Investing in Food Waste Reduction
- U.S. Composting Council Conference (Jan 2016): Waste Food in the U.S. – The Size of the Prize and How to Win It
- Waste360 Recycling Summit (Sep 2015): Mixed Waste Processing Panel
- Michigan Recycling Coalition Conference (May 2015): What We Know Now – Michigan’s Baseline Recycling Rate
- Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries (ISRI) Conference (Apr 2015): The Changing Face of Recycling and the Role of MRFs in Today’s Marketplace
- Plastics Recycling Conference (Feb 2015): The Real Impact of Dirty MRFs on Plastics Recovery
- U.S. Composting Council Conference (Jan 2015): “Dirty” MRFs – Mixed Waste Processing: Implications for Organics
- U.S. Composting Council Conference (Jan 2015): Food Waste Recovery on the Cutting Edge: New Funding Approaches
- Resource Recycling (Nov 2014): Meet the Modern MRF
- Master of Public Affairs (Domestic Policy Analysis with Environmental Certificate), Princeton University
- Master of Civil Engineering (Geotechnical Engineering), Stanford University
- Bachelor of Arts in Engineering Sciences, Dartmouth College