JD Lindeberg is a Principal and President of RRS with over 30 years of experience in various aspects of sustainability and material recovery activities including organics recovery, biomass energy and most recently the ReFED Food Waste Roadmap. JD’s training and experience as a professional engineer give an added dimension to his business background and provide insight into the development of actionable projects.
Recent Team Projects
- Rethink Food Waste Through Economics and Data (ReFED) Food Waste Roadmap: RRS and Deloitte Consulting LLC conducted research to understand food waste generation and disposal activities at each stage of the value chain and analyzed the economic potential of downstream solution sets.
- Canadian Stewardship Services Association MCD Project: Provided expert technical, economic, and policy insight to this producer responsibility organization pertaining to evolving operational cost and marketplace pricing circumstances.
- Marquette County Solid Waste Management Authority MRF Project: Facilitated the development of this single-stream MRF in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, by assisting with design, feasibility assessment, grant funding procurement, debt funding procurement, education/promotion preparation, and community approval.
- Eureka Recycling Composting Processing Options: Developed capital and operating models for a wide range of composting processing options including backyard composting, windrow, aerated static pile (ASP), covered ASP, and wet and dry anaerobic digestion.
- St. Louis Composting Grant Writing: Coordinated the preparation of a grant application to the Environmental Improvement and Energy Resources Authority to fund the purchase of a depackager.
- Clean Energy Coalition, Board Member
- Olabrisa Eco-Development, Developer
- Cohousing Development Company, Managing Partner
- Corporate Sustainability Systems
- Material Recovery and Processing Systems
- Biomass Energy and Anaerobic Digestion
- Organics Recovery and Composting
- Business Planning and Plan Development
- Project Due Diligence and Risk Management
- Capital Project Planning
- Project Financing
Recent Speaking Engagements/Publications
- NAATBatt International Workshop on Lithium-Ion Battery Recycling (July 2019): Where are Lithium-Ion Batteries Ending Up Now?
- WasteExpo Conference (May 2019): Solving the Global Recycling Crisis
- Traverse City International Affairs Forum (Feb 2019): Trashing the Planet – Mountains of Garbage with No Where to Go
- WasteExpo Conference (April 2018): Industry Trends: What Should You Be Watching?
- WasteExpo Conference (April 2018): An Integrated Collaborative Approach to Organics Diversion, Equipment for Improving Compost Quality, Tools for Driving Product Use
- Maryland Recycling Network (Jun 2017): The Fourth “R”
- Maryland Recycling Network (Jun 2017): Your Turn: Town Hall Conversation
- WasteExpo Conference (May 2017): Is Mixed Waste Processing Dead?
- BioCycle East (April 2017): Stimulating Groth in SSO Recovery Infrastructure (moderator)
- U.S. Composting Council Conference (Jan 2017): ReFED Roadmap Hits the Road: Biulding Processing Capacity at the Right Scale
- WasteExpo Conference (Jun 2016): Single Stream, Mixed Waste, Emerging Technologies and Composting
- WasteExpo Conference (Jun 2016): Food Scrap Collection and Processing (co-author Nicole Chardoul)
- The Cornerstone Journal of Sustainable Finance and Banking (May 2016): ReFED: Impact Investing in Food Waste Reduction
- U.S. Composting Council Conference (Jan 2016): Waste Food in the U.S. – The Size of the Prize and How to Win It
- Waste360 Recycling Summit (Sep 2015): Mixed Waste Processing Panel
- Michigan Recycling Coalition Conference (May 2015): What We Know Now – Michigan’s Baseline Recycling Rate
- Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries (ISRI) Conference (Apr 2015): The Changing Face of Recycling and the Role of MRFs in Today’s Marketplace
- Plastics Recycling Conference (Feb 2015): The Real Impact of Dirty MRFs on Plastics Recovery
- U.S. Composting Council Conference (Jan 2015): “Dirty” MRFs – Mixed Waste Processing: Implications for Organics
- U.S. Composting Council Conference (Jan 2015): Food Waste Recovery on the Cutting Edge: New Funding Approaches
- Resource Recycling (Nov 2014): Meet the Modern MRF
- Master of Public Affairs (Domestic Policy Analysis with Environmental Certificate), Princeton University
- Master of Civil Engineering (Geotechnical Engineering), Stanford University
- Bachelor of Arts in Engineering Sciences, Dartmouth College