Juri Freeman is a principal with RRS. He utilizes over 10 years of solid waste and recycling experience to provide technical, strategic, and communications support. Juri draws from his former experience as a recycling program manager in the public sector including overseeing and growing residential recycling and composting programs, public school collections, facility operations, and employee engagement – all within the confines of limited budgets.
Recent Team Projects
- Metro Portland, OR: RRS analyzed policies surrounding the Regional Service Fee and Excise Tax including a comparison to policies in surrounding states to inform future policy decisions.
- U.S. EPA Region IV: RRS developed a solid waste cost accounting guide and an estimation model that allows users to evaluate the impacts and costs of various recycling scenarios.
- Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ): RRS conducted an analysis of end-use markets for recycled commodities and developed a strategy for improving markets in the state.
- National Recycling Coalition
- Colorado Association for Recycling
- Boulder County Resource Conservation Advisory Board
- Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA)
- Association of Energy Service Professionals
- Municipal Solid Waste/Recycling
- Forecasting & Modeling
- Outreach & Education
- Stakeholder Engagement
Recent Speaking Engagements/Publications
- Northeast Recycling Council Fall Summit (Oct 2019): Innovative Products & Technology
- SERDC Recycling Summit (Nov 2018): Making the Case for Recycling Trainer Workshop
- Association for Oregon Recyclers Annual Conference (Jun 2018): Measure it Right: Aligning Recycling Metrics with Sustainability Goals
- Colorado Association for Recycling Summit for Recycling (Jun 2017): Beyond 34: Recycling and Recovery for a New Economy
- Resource Recycling Inc. (Apr 2016): Seamless Transitions
- SERDC Recycling Summit (Nov 2016): Workshop: Waste Management
- SWANA WasteCon (Aug 2016): Uneaten Food: Envision Opportunities, Not Waste
- Colorado Association for Recycling Summit for Recycling (Jun 2015): Best practices in Employee Engagement
- Resource Recycling Inc. (Jan 2015): Moving a Mountain
- Colorado Chapter of SWANA Annual Conference (Oct 2014): Review of the Composting Markets in Colorado’s Front Range
- Resource Recycling Inc. (Jan 2013): Taking Control: How Do Municipalities Organize Collection
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science, Bucknell University