Kate Maguire is an analyst at RRS, bringing more than five years of field research, data analysis, and computer modeling experience in both academic and professional environments. Kate is extremely proficient in developing and integrating sustainability strategy into core product development processes, corporate citizenship stakeholder engagement, and sustainability reporting.
Recent Team Projects
- District of Columbia Dept of Public Works: RRS developed a compost collection model which included estimated food waste generation and collection tonnages for residential, commercial, and institutional sectors.
- Butler County Solid Waste and Recycling District, Ohio: RRS evaluated current methods of managing waste and recycling infrastructure, as well as projected volumes to update the county’s waste management plan.
- Thermostat Recycling Corporation: RRS analyzed the performance and effectiveness of the mercury thermostat take-back program across all U.S. regional markets where the organization operates collection programs.
- Global CPG and Grocery Retailer: RRS researched waste-to-energy facilities to characterize leading practices and defined criteria to rate performance.
- Data Analysis
- Computer Modeling
- Municipal Solid Waste Management Research
- Sustainability Reporting
Recent Speaking Engagements/Publications
- Southeast Michigan Sustainable Business Forum Triple Bottom Line Forum (Jun 2019): Connect, Discover, Learn
- Master of Science in Geophysics, University of Michigan
- Bachelor of Science in Geology, Northern Illinois University
- Associates Degree in Science, Waubonsee Community College