Kevin joined RRS in 2021 as a senior consultant bringing 27 years of engineering and project management experience. Kevin focuses on providing material recovery facility (MRF) maintenance and design reviews, community infrastructure assessment and planning, and data analysis. Prior to RRS, Kevin engineered designs and specifications, led projects, and managed implementation teams for a leading manufacturer of recycling and waste systems and equipment. He also has extensive experience in the design and construction of residential and private land development projects.
Recent Team Projects
- Kabupaten Malang MRF Facility Design; Project Management Lead: Developing high level facility designs (Organics & Inorganics processing) for the Kabupaten Malang facility in Indonesia. Scope included four separate project locations and development of site layout plans for two material recovery facilities (MRFs) and two transfer stations, including a summary of proposed equipment specifications. Provided preliminary engineering design and specifications for best practice in the local and regional areas. Service requirements and scoping for required building improvements required for equipment within each facility. Cost modeling for six additional Malang facilities that will be created based on budget extrapolations for each project, including the ability to replicate future designs with further refinement, pricing, specification, and systemization learned from planning and development from prior designs.
- City of Red Wing RDF Processing Plant, Equipment Upgrade; Project Management: Provide oversight on equipment upgrades to an existing RDF Processing System for the City of Red Wing (MN). Reviewed process flow design and equipment selection provided by the project’s engineering design firm (RRT Design & Construction). Confirmed equipment selection and specifications and advanced equipment layout design through final engineering, manufacture, installation, and start-up of the process facility. Facility was designed to process up to 25 tons per hour of mixed solid waste (MSW), producing specified RDF while also recovering other recyclable commodities (e.g., #1 (PET)  Plastics, Al, Fe, OCC) present in the material stream.
- American Society Of Civil Engineers
- Material recovery facility (MRF) maintenance
- Design and construction of residential and private land development projects
- Community infrastructure assessment and planning
- Data analysis
- Union College, Schenectady, Ny
Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering