Marisa Adler is a senior consultant at RRS with 10 years of experience in implementing, maintaining, and developing recycling programs for local governments. Marisa utilizes her knowledge of recycling systems, policy, program planning and implementation, and the circular economy to benefit private, public, and non-profit sector clients. Marisa is also a Waste 360 40 Under 40 award recipient.
Recent Team Projects
- Nestle Waters North America (NWNA): RRS developed strategies to increase recycling of single use bottles and cans including development of a range of innovative approaches that are company specific as well as collective solutions.
- Food and Beverage Company: RRS researched solutions to integrate single serve packaging into local municipal curbside recycling programs and ensure viable end markets for processed material.
- Foodservice Packaging Institute (FPI): Develop and promote economically viable and sustainable curbside recycling solutions for foodservice packaging across the U.S. in partnership with communities, processors, end markets, and consumers.
- Food Waste Reduction Alliance: RRS researched and developed a case study report on the impacts of local and state food waste policies on manufacturers, retailers and restaurants in markets throughout the US.
- District of Columbia Department of Public Works: RRS developed a compost collection model which included estimated food waste generation and collection tonnages for residential, commercial, and institutional sectors.
- Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA)
- Hack Trash: NYC 2017
- Social Tees Animal Rescue
- Product Packaging Recovery
- Municipal Recycling & Reuse Programs
- Recycling/Composting/Product Stewardship Policy
- School Recycling and Organics Collection
- Special/Hazardous Waste and E-Waste
- Textile Recycling
Recent Speaking Engagements/Publications
- Fashion Institute of Technology Summer Institute Sustainability & Textiles (Jun 2017): Textile Recycling
- Master of Science in Natural Resource Management and Conservation, Antioch University New England
- Bachelor of Science in Natural Resource Management, Cornell University
- Certified as a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional (LEED AP)