Marty Seaman is a Principal and Executive Vice President Business Development for RRS. With over 27 years of experience in the waste and recovery industry, Marty is an expert in resource contracting, cooperative problem solving, policy development, multi-stakeholder collaboration and deriving economic benefit from environmental challenges and opportunities.
Recent Team Projects
- Carton Council: RRS has supported this collaborative association on the way to their goal of 60% U.S. carton recycling access through data research and analysis, communications and outreach, and policy/legislative monitoring and support.
- Foodservice Packaging Institute (FPI): RRS and FPI have worked together for several years to overcome barriers and enable system-wide growth opportunities for increased composting and recycling of foodservice packaging.
- Portage County, Ohio Solid Waste Plan: RRS was contracted by the Ohio EPA after the district plan updated failed to attain ratification and approval. RRS provided the necessary support to develop a plan that was approved.
- Southeast Recycling Development Council (SERDC) Packaging Stewardship Symposium: RRS organized and hosted a symposium that targeted stakeholders from southeastern SERDC states, public sector and private sector to strategize efforts to reduce packaging material volumes entering the municipal waste stream.
- Curbside Value Partnership (now The Recycling Partnership): RRS outlined strategic and viable paths for the Partnership to achieve its goals to help communities grow participation in curbside recycling programs.
- Delta Institute
- Michigan Department of Environmental Quality Stakeholders Group – Market Development
- Strategic Planning
- Policy Development
- Collaborative Initiatives
- Public/Private Partnerships
- Trade Association Effectiveness
- Waste Recovery Planning
- Hauler-Municipality Contracting
Recent Speaking Engagements/Publications
- Indiana Recycling Coalition Conference (Jun 2016): Are You Ready to Recycle? A World of Economic Opportunities
- Carolina Recycling Coalition Conference (Mar 2016): The Evolving Ton – How Recyclables Change in the Past and Future
- Curbside Recycling Expo (Sep 2015): Does Your Solid Waste Management Plan Need a Makeover?
- California Resource Recovery Association Conference (Oct 2015): Metrics and Tools for Establishing Community Zero Waste Programs
- Bachelor of General Studies (Finance/Real Estate, History and Organizational Studies), University of Michigan