Nicole Chardoul is a Principal and Vice President for RRS. She draws upon 20+ years of expertise in healthcare sustainability support services, waste and resource management, organics recovery program design, site design, engineering, and construction management. Nicole has trained compost site operators and is actively involved in food waste prevention and diversion. She has also worked alongside hospitals through waste assessments and diversion planning, hazardous waste program training and compliance, and food waste reduction and recovery planning.
Recent Team Projects:
- Henry Ford Hospital: RRS implemented a resource management program including hazardous materials management and compliance audits and training.
- Beaumont Health: RRS implemented a food waste composting program following in depth review of in-building procedures, foodservice product purchasing records, service vendors and cost options, and best practices.
- Medline Industries: RRS conducted surveys and waste sorts at hospital operating rooms around the U.S. and recommended best practices for compliance, waste minimization and product and waste disposal cost reduction.
- Ann Arbor, MI: RRS engineered the design of the compost pad expansion including facility drainage and retention pond features, identified processing and product delivery, and acted as the city’s engineer and construction manager during site construction.
- Practice Green Health
- US Composting Council
- Michigan Recycling Coalition
- Washtenaw Food Policy Council
- Michigan Green Healthcare Committee
- City of Ann Arbor Adopt-a-Park
- Water Environmental Federation
- Engineering Society of Detroit
- Institute for the Education of Women in Africa and the Diaspora
- Girl Scouts Heart of Michigan
- Recovery Infrastructure Site Design/Engineering
- Institutional Sustainability/Compliance
- Food Waste Prevention/Diversion
- Healthy Food Supply
- US Composting Council Conference (Jan 2017): Collecting Organics – Connecting Generators and Composters to Maximize Organic Recycling
- Sustainable Food Summit (Jan 2017): Overcoming Consumer Obstacles to Food Waste
- WasteExpo Conference (June 2016): Nuts and Bolts of Organics Recovery
- US Composting Council Conference (Jan 2016): Collecting Organics – Wasted Food in the US, co-presented with JD Lindeberg, RRS
- CleanMed Conference (May 2015): Take a Bite Out of Food Waste
- Homegrown Local Food Summit (Feb 2015): Engaging with the Washtenaw Food Policy Council
- US Composting Council Conference (Jan 2015): Collecting Organics – How Haulers Can Connect Generators and Composters to Maximize Organic Recycling
- Compost Operations Workshop (Dec 2014): Healthy & sustainable Food Systems and Waste Diversion Goals
- Bachelor of Science in Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Michigan
- Professional Engineer License (PE), State of Michigan LARA
- Certified Compost Operations Manager (CCOM), US Composting Council
- Master Gardener Advanced Certification