Steve Montle is a senior consultant at RRS bringing over 10 years of experience working in senior and executive positions for non-profit, state legislative, and municipal government where he completed policy research, bill drafting, communications planning, and promoted legislative policy. Steve also has experience with waste recovery analysis, urban redevelopment and brownfield remediation, municipal operations assistance, and policy development for a wide range of entities in both private and public sectors.
Recent Team Projects
- Carton Council: RRS has supported this collaborative association in achieving their goal of 60% U.S. carton recycling access through data research and analysis, communications and outreach, and policy/legislative monitoring and support.
- City of Flint, Michigan: RRS established a beneficial reuse and trash disposal plan, including a schedule and specifications for material processing for yard waste and leaves deposited at the Chevy in the Hole (CITH) site.
- Center for Community Progress: RRS developed a plan for long-term ownership, maintenance and sustainability for the CITH compost site. Also managed public relations and created communication resources.
- Karegnondi Water Authority
- Flint River Watershed Coalition
- Trout Unlimited
- Public Policy Development
- Recycling/Composting Policy
- Solid Waste and Recycling Programs
- Outreach and Communications
Recent Speaking Engagements/Publications
- US Composting Council Annual Conference (Jan 2015): Flint MI, Case Study: Privatization of Organics Recovery Leads to BOTH Brownfield Redevelopment and Less Expensive Organics Recovery
- Center for Community Progress 7th Annual Land Bank Conference (Oct 2012): Repurposing and Redeveloping Automotive Manufacturing and Other Challenging Industrial Sites
- Institute for a Competitive Inner City Forum – Urban 2.0: Creating the Generation of Jobs and Business (Oct 2011): Leveraging Urban Assets: Strategies for Economic Growth and Equality
- Apollo Alliance Good Jobs Green Jobs National Conference (Feb 2011): Measuring and Supporting Clean Energy Economic Development in the Inner City
- Master of Arts in Educational Leadership, Saginaw Valley State University
- Bachelor of Arts in History and English, Saginaw Valley State University