Job Opening – RRS
Job Title – Recycling Consultant
Location – Pacific Northwest (Washington or Oregon)
Posting Date – October 15, 2022
Closing Date – Open Until Filled
RRS is a mission orientated company dedicated to community-centered sustainability, equitable circular economy development, materials management, and climate solutions since incorporating in 1986. In that time, we have grown to nearly 65 employees in four countries and have conducted over 1,000 projects around the globe. RRS is composed of strategists, planners, engineers, economists, technical analysts, businesspeople, and communications specialists. Our experts operate confidently across the materials management supply chain, identifying the best opportunities to effect change, and developing pathways to long-term value.
RRS has grown with the industry, developed new solutions for waste and recycling operations and paved the way for clients, both public and private, to develop waste diversion and recycling operations that are aligned with client context and grounded in technology, proven metrics, and decades of experience. Our breadth of experience includes stakeholder engagement, policy analysis, program planning, and project execution in areas such as assessments, facility audits, system design and optimization, high-diversion program implementation, packaging recovery, communications/outreach, financial and data analysis modeling, extended producer responsibility, and circular economy practices.
Our company is scaling for growth. We want top performers that can strengthen relationships, build and grow the business, all while having a positive environmental impact. Sometimes that takes flexibility. RRS understands that normal office hours may not be M-F, 9-5. We also understand that geography is not a limitation to greatness – a virtual office can be as agile, efficient, and productive as a brick-and-mortar office. Flexibility with an expectation of strong, smart work yields the best results for all involved.
RRS is seeking applications for a Consultant to work with a new and established clientele, working collaboratively within a project team – both as a project manager and as a project contributor. Projects may include:
- resource management consulting services to provide guidance in support of resource-related data collection;
- feasibility studies;
- zero waste and waste minimization plans;
- small business support programs;
- grant programs;
- waste characterization and waste reduction studies;
- economic, technical and/or risk analysis;
- stakeholder engagement processes,
- policy analysis and/or risk analysis,
- policy implementation and compliance recommendations for state and local governments and private companies, and
- planning and support for the development, planning, facilitation, coordination, and documentation of and/or for waste reduction, circular economy, or zero waste initiatives.
- See waste as a valued resource in building sustainable systems for a waste-free future;
- Provide project management including:
- work plan development and execution;
- project deliverable planning and execution;
- managing deliverables timelines;
- staff resource planning;
- Salesforce system utilization;
- Client/project team communications; and
- Project kick-off and close-out
- Competence in taking innovative thinking and dynamic approaches to define, develop and communicate cross sector solutions for our clients and their projects/programs;
- Expertise in taking analytical/technical information and communicating it in a way that is dynamic, digestible and forward-thinking for our clientele;
- Develop tangible strategies for our clients with the acute ability to transform a conceptual strategy into an action orientated and implementation plan with achievable goals, objectives and tasks; and
- Generate dynamic and succinct memos, reports, work plans, PowerPoint presentations and other type of client communications and deliverables.
- At least two years of project management experience preferred;
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices;
- Organized, self-motivated, ability to set work priorities and complete work with minimal supervision;
- Capacity to work in a high energy and dynamic team environment;
- Proven experience in the materials management sector;
- Creative problem analysis abilities to solve client multi-dimensional problems and projects;
- Proven experience working on multiple projects and tasks;
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills;
- Strong verbal, public speaking, and written communications skills. Technical writing experience a plus.
- Technical skills using Microsoft Office 365 (specifically MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint), SharePoint and teleconference/video technologies. Experience with Salesforce, FileMaker, ArcGIS a plus; and
- Ability to Travel 10%-15% on average.
- Four-year degree in natural resources, sustainable systems, environmental sciences, environmental policy, or related field.
- Knowledge of public sector recycling in States of Washington and/or Oregon
- Previous consulting experience a plus
Pay Range: $74,000-$92,000/year depending on experience and qualifications. RRS is an equal opportunity employer.
Location: Due to the nature of the project(s) for this specific position, the employee must be located in the States of Washington or Oregon.
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and list of references. Cover letters should address the candidate’s professional goals and interests, ability to meet key and minimal qualifications (as described above) as well as their experience and interest in this position. Submit online via Pinpoint.