Hunt is a senior consultant at RRS with 16 years of experience in understanding biology and industrial ecology paired with technical proficiencies related to policy, finance, and strategy. He supports both the private and public sectors through projects involving sustainable packaging, circular economy transition, organic recovery strategies (e.g., composting and anaerobic digestion), and performance metrics including diversion rates and economic impacts.
Recent Team Projects
- Rethink Food Waste Through Economics and Data (ReFED) Food Waste Roadmap: RRS and Deloitte Consulting LLC conducted research to understand food waste generation and disposal activities at each stage of the value chain and analyzed the economic potential of downstream solution sets.
- Michigan Recycling Coalition (MRC) & Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ): RRS calculated the official municipal solid waste (MSW) recycling rate for the state of Michigan.
- Fortune 100 Global Retailer: RRS assisted client in developing and achieving aggressive zero waste goals.
- Solid Waste and Recycling Advisor, State of Michigan
- Food Waste Prevention/Diversion
- Circular Economy
- Anaerobic Digestion
Recent Speaking Engagements/Publications
- Kansas Department of Health & Environment Conference (Jun 2017): National Organics Recovery Trends and Strategies
- WasteExpo (May 2017): Successful Composting Through Planning
- WasteExpo (May 2017): Organics Diversion & Job Creation
- U.S. Composting Council’s Annual Conference (Jan 2017): Food Waste Recovery
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation Corporate Citizenship Conference (Nov 2016): The Circular Economy Opportunity for Food
- Southeast Recycling Development Council (SERDC) Recycling Summit (Nov 2016): Organics – Cleaning our Plate
- Tennessee Recycling Coalition Conference (Oct 2016): Food Recovery Programs
- Recycling Association of Minnesota (RAM)/Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA) Annual Conference (Oct 2016): Food Service Packaging Institute Material Recovery Initiatives & Communications
- Waste360 Recycling Summit (Oct 2016): Food Waste Reduction and Recovery from Large and Small Venues
- Global Environment Management Initiative (GEMI) (Jul 2016): Resource Efficiency and Circular Economy
- Waste360 and National Waste & Recycling Association Waste Expo (Jun 2016): Reducing Food Waste, Increasing Recovery, and Achieving Zero Waste
- Michigan Radio, Stateside (Apr 2016): The ReFED Food Waste Roadmap
- U.S. Composting Council Annual Conference (Jan 2016): Wasted Food in the US – The Size of the Prize and How to Win It
- Michigan Recycling Coalition Conference (May 2015): What We Know Now – Michigan’s Baseline Recycling Rate
- Michigan Department of Environmental Quality Governor’s Summit (May 2015): The State of Recycling in Michigan
- Master of Business Administration in Strategy and Finance, University of Michigan
- Master of Environmental Science in Industrial Ecology and Sustainable Systems, University of Michigan
- Master of Entrepreneurship, Western Carolina University
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Studies, Montreat College