Maeva Silveira is an RRS consultant based in Portugal. Her communication/outreach skills, along with her experience in market research and solid waste and recycling planning, have been utilized for clients from multiple domains, including the private and public sectors, as well as universities. Maeva is an international representative for RRS with clients overseas.
Recent Team Projects
- Major International Retailer: RRS performed an assessment of the solid waste and recovery infrastructure, modeled the optimal diversion under the current infrastructure, and provided a 10-year projection of potential diversion in retail stores in 15 countries.
- Global Brand/Manufacturer: RRS offers TruCycle – an evaluation of the recyclability or compostability of product packaging that examines the acceptance of a particular material in community programs; its ability to be sorted at the MRF or its compatibility with composter configurations, and its marketability to the end market. Due to the proprietary nature of the information, most TruCycle assessments are covered under non-disclosure agreements.
- City of Lansing, MI: RRS conducted and analyzed field surveys to test residential satisfaction towards the city’s new recycling program.
- University of Michigan Dearborn: RRS assisted the campus in rolling out a single stream recycling program by researching and developing campus-specific recycling options, estimating the environmental benefits of increased diversion, projecting program revenues and expenditures, and developing a communication plan to encourage participation.
- Carton Council: RRS has supported this collaborative association in achieving their goal of 60% U.S. carton recycling access through data research and analysis, communications and outreach, and policy/legislative monitoring and support.
- Cross-Cultural Communications
- International Market Research
- Solid Waste Recycling Planning
- Data Collection and Analyses
Recent Speaking Engagements/Publications
- University of Michigan Masters in Urban Planning Alumni Panel (2011): Career Paths
- Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) Pittsburgh Conference (Oct 2011): Evaluating Your University’s Waste and Recycling Billing Rates
- Master of Urban and Regional Planning, University of Michigan
- Master in Organizational Communications and Leadership, Catholic University of Portugal