Resa Dimino joined RRS in January of 2017 as a senior consultant bringing over 25 years of experience in waste reduction, recycling, product stewardship, solid waste management, and environmental economic development. Resa is focusing on corporate clients and collaborative initiatives to improve recovery, increase sustainability, and facilitate product stewardship.
Recent Team Projects
- Closed Loop Fund: RRS analyzed virgin and post-consumer resin (PCR) material flows to inform investment models that could reduce costs in PCR production.
- Glass Recycling Company: RRS performed research to better identify best practices in glass bottle collection programs, and analyze the costs and benefits of implementing those best practices in communities around the US.
- Nestle Waters North America: RRS developed strategies to increase recycling of single use plastic bottles including development of innovative, company-specific approaches, as well as collective industry solutions.
- National Association for PET Container Resources (NAPCOR): Managed NAPCOR’s efforts to address technical and mechanical barriers to PET thermoform recycling and create the factual base for unqualified “recyclability” claims for PET thermoforms. (work performed during tenure with RADimino & Associates)
- New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYS DEC): Developed a 10-year state solid waste management plan using a sustainable materials management approach. (work performed during tenure with NYS DEC)
- New York Product Stewardship Council
- Girl Scouts of Northeast New York
- Plastic/PET Recycling & Recyclability
- Product Stewardship
- Recycling Policy
- Solid Waste/Recycling Planning
Recent Speaking Engagements/Publications
- Escrap (Sep 2019): Programs in Flux
- New York Federation of Solid Waste & Recycling Conference (May 2019): It’s Time to Take Back Control of Your Recycling Program
- Northeast Recycling Coalition Fall Conference (Nov 2017): Extended Producer Responsibility
- New York State Federation of Solid Waste Associations Conference (May 2017): Can SMM Really Replace the 3 R’s, Recovery and Disposal?
- Resource Recycling (May 2015): Assessing the ROI of EPR (co-author Scott Cassel)
- US Environmental Protection Agency Caribbean Recycling Summit (Dec 2016): Recycling Metal, Glass & Plastic Containers: Program and Policy Options
- Plastics Recycling Update (Nov 2016): Going Beyond Collection
- Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection Solid Waste Advisory Committee Meeting (Oct 2016): CT EPR Program Evaluation: Summary and Recommendations
- Waste360 Recycling Summit (Sept 2016): PET Recycling Markets, Trends & Opportunities
- E-Scrap News (Aug 2015): The Search for Solutions (co-author Waneta Trabert)
- E-Scrap News (March 2015): Struggling State-by-State
- Bachelor of Arts in American Studies with concentration in Environmental Studies, Dickinson College