Sherry joined RRS in 2018, bringing over 20 years of diverse and deep experience in research, training, economic modeling, sustainable materials management, and solid waste management. Sherry provides technical assistance to recycling companies and municipalities in areas of material sourcing and handling, financing, equipment needs, permitting issues, business development, and relocation assistance. Her support roles have included grants and proposal review. She’s also a knowledgeable resource for developing program outreach and promotional collateral such as reports, brochures, radio/TV PSAs, websites, and more. Sherry’s accomplishments include publication in the Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association, one of the oldest, continuously published peer-review technical environmental journals in the world.
- Solid Waste & Recycling Planning
- Sustainable Materials Management
- Grant Programs
Recent Speaking Engagements/Publications
- North Carolina SWANA Spring Conference (Apr 2018): Integrated Solid Waste Management and Overview of the Integrated Solid Waste Management (ISWM) toolkit sponsored by EPA Region IV
- Carolina Recycling Association Annual Conference (Mar 2018): Tools for Making the Business Case for Recycling:Demonstration of the Integrated Solid Waste Management (ISWM) model and recycling scenarios.
- Master of Science in Public Health in Environmental Management and Policy, University of North Carolina
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Indiana University of Pennsylvania