Municipality Recycling & Organics
As the critical point of collection, cities, counties and districts must manage programs that benefit their residents while being economically sound. RRS assists municipalities in building strong recycling and organics programs by understanding waste streams, analyzing participation, developing best practices, and creating economically viable plans.
|Solid Waste & Recycling Planning||RFP Facilitation & Contract Eval|
|Organics Feasibility & Planning||MRF & Equipment Planning|
|Waste Characterization||Modeling & Proformas|
|Set-out Rate Analysis (RouteEagle)||Communications Planning & Outreach|
Solid Waste & Recycling Planning
- Ann Arbor, MI: Solid waste and residential/commercial recycling, carts, MRF planning/upgrade.
- Toledo/Lucas County, OH: Waste characterization and solid waste planning.
- Mecklenburg County, NC: Set-out rate study and citizen feedback survey.
- Peoria County, IL: Strategic and solid waste management planning update.
- Orange County, NC: RFP response reviews and program funding research.
Collection & Processing
- Milwaukee/Waukesha County, WI: MRF procurement and equipment oversight, transfer services, RFP support.
- Minneapolis, MN: Single-stream collection system conversion.
- Eureka Recycling/Saint Paul, MN: Household organics collection and processing.
- Ann Arbor, MI: Compost site and operations development, expansion, privatization.
- Memphis Recycling Gap Analysis: Analyzed opportunities to improve recovery and impact region.
- Michigan Recycling Index: Data collection campaign to determine recycling rate and other indicators.
- Southeast Recycling Development Council (SERDC): Characterization of the Tennessee recycling economy.
Communications Planning & Outreach
- Foodservice Packaging Institute/Washington D.C.: Produced outreach video to educate residents on what/how to recycle take out containers and foodservice packaging (FSP).